In 2012, I self-published my Sci-Fi book, Aftermath: A Saga Begins, which is the first book of a forthcoming series. The story is about a young group of friends from different worlds and backgrounds banning together to combat an unjust dictator and his affiliates. During the process, the group of friends also face their inner-demons and personal struggles as the they embark on life-threatening adventures across the cosmos.
When I published Aftermath I, I was totally new and inexperienced in the world of self-publishing, and the book wound up with some serious flaws; only thing is… at the time, I didn’t know they were serious flaws.
- Font – The font was way too small and greatly affected marketability; it was rejected by several bookstores
- Cover – The original cover was only a draft, but I was impatient & used it anyway
- Ending – The original ending was “OK” but not as good as it could have been
As time passed, and I self-published more books, and began to learn more about self-publishing and marketing a book, these issues began to bother me more and more. The flaws increasingly plagued me moreso within the past year, as I became closer and closer to finishing the sequel, “Aftermath II: A Mental Galaxy.” Finally, I made the decision to change the font size, which made the book over 100 pages longer; then I added the new, surprise ending, and lastly, I gave it a simpler, yet more stylish cover. More importantly, I created and published the 2nd Edition for several key reasons;
- I really didn’t want my work to look ‘half-assed’ anymore
- I want people to have Aftermath I & get familiar with the story before ordering Aftermath II
- If I published a 2nd Edition, it’ll be the way I originally intended & I could use it to market the sequel
So here’s the 2nd Edition’s cover… Ya’ like!? Click it & see what happens!
COMING JUNE 2017 (real soon!)
Aftermath II: A Mental Galaxy by F. Kenneth Taylor ~ COMING JUNE 2017