First, I gotta apologize to all my FB friends, because I’ve already posted this videos there, so you’ll all be getting a rerun of them, but…oh well!
(1) Al Green and Dana Owens(aka Queen Latifah), hit it on the nose with this one! I first feel in love with this song a couple years ago! A great duet! Very soulful and sultry — just right for a relaxing, Saturday afternoon! Hope you enjoy it as well!
(2) Nas and Damian Marley(aka “Jr. Gong”) brings a powerful message in this one. If you haven’t already, check it out their album, “Distant Relatives”
(3) Rebecca Ferguson…What can I say? Damn! She fine! And she can sing! Ok, so I just found out about her a few months ago, and I think I’m in love! Lol! She’s from the UK, and I think she was a finalist on their version of X-Factor. Her sounds reminds me of a combination of Macy Gray and Aretha Franklin — Very different, unique, and distinctive sound
(4) Ok, this one needs no introduction — Truly a historic moment. Beyonce absolutely nailed this one! Despite Etta James’ anger & frustration with Beyonce singing ‘her‘ song (yes, Ms. James created quite a fuss about it), Beyonce actually did her a major credit! BTW…I never get tired of looking B!
(5) Alright, this is one of my favorite rap callabos! I’m so glad Eminem and Royce Da 5’9 squashed their beef and hooked back up! FYI Royce was the guy who initially encouraged Em to start rappin’ & is where Em gets his style; that’s why they sound a lot alike.